Viewshed Resources Limited, Guarantee Trust Bank Account No:- 0502344366
About the Course
The advent of Information Technology comes with exciting and new opportunities of how research and data are being managed, and with huge implications to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) concepts. Among the advances is the use of Mobile Data Collection to replace the old practice of paper data collection of using pen and papers. Paper collected data method is cumbersome, time consuming and prone to errors during the field exercise and during manual transfer such collected data into database for analysis. The aforementioned have both cost and decision-making implications with attendant negative outcomes. Mobile Data Collection, not only reduced the cost and valuable time for collation and transfer of data to database but also increase data precision and accuracy. Open Data Kit (ODK) is a suite of tools that allows data collection using Android mobile devices and a real-time data submission that can be view, monitor and analysed in real-time. This training will equip the participants with skills to configure, collect and manage mobile data collection platform using ODK.
This course is aimed at individuals and organizations in the field of data collection, health, research, geospatial and intervention activities.
What will you learn
- Create survey forms using Build or XLSForms.
- > > Set up ODK Build, Collect and Aggregate.
- > > Upload forms to an Aggregate server.
- > > Upload forms to an Aggregate server.
- > > Load forms into Collect on an Android device.
- > > Use ODK Collect to fill out forms with field participants.
- > > Upload survey data from Collect to Aggregate.
- > > Export and Analyse data from Aggregate.
- Introduction to Mobile Data Collection
- > > Introduction to mobile phone data collection
- > > Common mobile based data collection platforms
- > > Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
- > > Understanding question types forming a questionnaire
- Introduction to Open Data Kit (ODK)
- > > Components of Open Data Kit (ODK)
- > > ODK Form
- > > ODK Collect Application Interface
- > > ODK Aggregate
- > > ODK Manage
- > > ODK platforms and formats
- Setting up ODK Collect
- > > ODK Collect Installation from google play
- > > Manual installation of ODK
- > > ODK Collect Menus, Settings and Security
- > > Best practices for ODK Collect
- > > ODK Aggregate Server
- Setting up own aggregate server using Google App Engine
- > > Configuring ODK Aggregate Server
- > > Setting up local server
- > > Uploading the form to aggregate server
- > > Managing forms in Aggregate
- > > Working with submitted data in aggregate
- > > Administering aggregate
- > > Designing and Creating forms using ODK Build
- Form Design on ODK build and Koboform Builder
- > > ODK Build
- > > Koboform builder
- > > Uploading forms to aggregate
- > > Form properties
- > > Designing and Creating form using XLS form
- Introduction to XLSForm
- > > Components of XLSForm
- > > Question types
- > > Form Logic, styling, language
- > > Form operators and functions
- > > Constraints & Skips
- > > Form validation
- > > Uploading form to aggregate server
- > > Using ODK Collect for field data collection
- Filling forms in ODK Collect
- > > Managing forms in ODK Collect
- > > Collecting different types of data
- > > Advanced use and best practices
- > > Submitting data to ODK aggregate
- > > Data Management
- Exporting data from ODK Aggregate as CSV
- > > Downloading data in different formats
- > > Formatting data for further analysis using statistical applications
- > > Outputting data through Google spreadsheet
- > > Visualizing Geographic Data
- Exporting, Visualization and Mapping of ODK collected data
- > > Exporting ODK data for Mapping/Visualizing
- > > Visualizing ODK data using Excel and QGIS
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies. Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
At the successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a profficiency certificate in ODK and Data Collection.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to 09090005214.